What is Narrative Text? When we talk about a narrative text, it can not be separated from a story and a past experience. Most texts dealing to those object, people will call it narrative. When learning any kind of English text, the study will cover 3 important things. they are definition, structure and language characteristics. Definition of Narrative Narrative is a text focusing on specific participants. Its social function is to tell stories or past events and entertain the readers. Generic Structure of Narrative A narrative text will consists of the following structure: 1.Orientation: Introducing the participants and informing the time and the place 2.Complication: Describing the rising crises which the participants have to do with 3.Resolution: Showing the way of participant to solve the crises, better or worse Language Features of Narrative ·Using processes verb ·Using temporal conjunction ·Using Simple Past Tense True Friends Once upon a time, there were two close fri...
If Conditional Type 3 Form if + Past Perfect, main clause with Conditional II Example: If I had found her address, I would have sent her an invitation. The main clause can also be at the beginning of the sentence. In this case, don't use a comma. Example: I would have sent her an invitation if I had found her address. Note: Main clause and / or if clause might be negative. See Past Perfect and Conditional II on how to form negative sentences. Example: If I hadn’t studied, I wouldn’t have passed my exams. Use Conditional Sentences Type III refer to situations in the past. An action could have happened in the past if a certain condition had been fulfilled. Things were different then, however. We just imagine, what would have happened if the situation had been fulfilled. Function The type 3 conditional refers to an impossible condition in the past and its probable result in the past. These sentences are truly hypothetical and unreal, ...
Giving Suggestion Suggestions should “You should try to practise English.” “You shouldn’t translate too much.” Why don’t you “Why don’t you join an English club?” ought to “You ought to read more.” If I were you, I’d… “If I were you, I’d watch more television.” *All these expressions are followed by a verb , without to . For example: “He should visit the Eiffel Tower.” (Not “he should to visit the Eiffel Tower.”) A: Andhika Gusti Pratama (me) B: Syahdan Nugroho A: I notice that you’ve been coughing. (Aku perhatikan kamu batuk terus) B: I’m sorry if my cough disturbs you. (Maaf jika batukku mengganggumu) A: No, it doesn’t at all. I’m just concerned about your health. Are you okay? (Tidak menggangu sama sekali. Aku hanya khawatir akan kesehatanmu. Kamu tidak apa-apa?) B: Actually, I feel sick. I keep coughing and my head is killing me. (Sebenarnya aku merasa sakit. Aku batuk-batuk dan kepalaku sakit sekali) ...
Comments
Post a Comment